French accent characters in Flex

Just this past week we added support for the French language (fr_CA) to a Flex application we are building at work. Nothing complicated really, just had to make use of resource bundles as described in the Flex livedocs.

However we did notice that when running the Flex application, certain French characters that contain accents (ex.: é - ALT-130) were displaying as little empty boxes in the UI. Found the answer to this problem on this website. Basically the encoding for our french properties file was incorrect. It was using ISO-8859-1 instead of UTF-8.

To resolve this problem, in Eclipse, perform these steps:
  1. Right-click on your french properties file and select "Properties"
  2. Select "Resource" from the left side panel
  3. Change the "Text file encoding" from the default to "Other" and select "UTF-8"


Anonymous said...

酒店兼職 酒店打工 打工兼差 台北酒店 酒店兼差 酒店經紀 禮服酒店 酒店工作 酒店上班 兼差 酒店應徵 酒店 打工兼職 打工

Anonymous said...

酒店打工 酒店兼職
台北酒店 打工兼差 酒店工作 禮服酒店
酒店兼差 酒店上班 酒店應徵 酒店 酒店經紀

Anonymous said...

Merçi beaucoup for your help :P

Cialis said...

I have been wondering how to do this. Thank you for sharing this!


Looks awesome! That is a single of the top blogs I've ever arrive across on this subject. hopefully soon have updates that I love your post.