- New localizations for Australian, British, Canadian, Greek, Switzerland (German) and Portuguese
- The SDK natively supports the Flash Player versions 10.2 through 11.5. Previous versions were locked to a single version.
- Better support for Vectors, including new VectorList and VectorCollection classes.
- Inclusion of the new PostalCodeFormatter and PostalCodeValidator components for more consistent internationalization.
- The TLF (Text Frame Framework) was updated to version 3.0.33, and is now baked in the SDK. No need to download it separately.
- Support for Java 7 for compiling the SDK.
We haven't heard much Flex news lately but as of this month Apache took Flex out of incubation and made it a top-level project! Apache Flex now has also reached version 4.9 and contains the following changes: