2008-06-09

UEFA.com uses Flex for MatchDay interface

Being a soccer fan, I am currently following the Euro 2008 tournament that started this past weekend. So today because I was at work, I followed the two games on the UEFA.com website and to my surprise, they are using Flex for their MatchDay interface! That's very cool and shows once again that Flex is being used world wide. Gone are the page refreshes, the UI now auto-updates itself with the latest data on the game and the main view displays the field showing where the latest action occured as described in the match ticker. So if you are a soccer fan, definitly worth a look.

I am anxious for the first game by Greece tomorrow, I'm hoping for a positive result! Go Greece!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

OMG, UEFA 2008 web-site is using Flex Charts components and they are not even skinned!
http://www.euro2008.uefa.com/tournament/players/index.html

So boring to view charts with default "Halo" design theme!

And so-called "My Page" page at
http://en.euro2008.uefa.com/portal/liveblog.html is giving me RTE right on loading:

TypeError: Error #1009: Cannot access a property or method of a null object reference.
at ChatItem/__txtmsg_updateComplete()

And again default graphic theme is used with Flex component, so dull.

I believe that the development team for those parts of EURO2008 web-site was working under very high deadline preasure - that's why they did not have time to properly QA the functionality and apply an custom design

levani said...

JabbyPanda

you are angry because you cant do 10% of what they have done, UEFA flex is great, so stop trolling man, why are you only noticing that halo skins?

Anonymous said...

酒店打工

酒店兼職

台北酒店

打工兼差

酒店工作

酒店經紀

禮服店

酒店兼差

酒店上班

酒店PT

酒店

酒店喝酒

酒店消費

喝花酒

粉味